Friday, October 02, 2009

Away we go!

This morning at 4:30 I woke up after only two, maybe three restless hours of sleep becasue I was told we were going to go to my first job in the early morning (which is all I knew). I thought that meant a day job, as that is the usual order if things in the buisness) so all I had with me was my computer which I was going to leave at the office when Alex, my mentor, came to pick me up at 5. I hopped in the car and asked if I needed anything else and he said, "I think we will stay two days. Maybe you want toothpaste? And maybe some things for sauna?" "Do I need sleeping things?" "I do not know. Maybe." "My computer?" "It depends on if things go right. If so then not needed." Okaaaay.

So he drove me back to my room and I packed a few things. What do I take to a job about which I know nothing? Answer: random junk--toothbrush, toothpaste, long johns, pajama pants, Chacos, Speedo (becasue when in Rome), travel towel, first aid kit (mostly allergy meds), long sleeved shirt, one novel (Main Street) and one Gideon's Bible. I put my things in a bag and we drove to the office. I gathered my safety gear and locked up my computer and we're about to leave.

Then everyone left the office and left me alone. Did they forget me?

So there you have it. I am off on my first job. Hopefully. I'm going to hunt them down now.

Wish me luck

1 comment:

BrianHom said...

Good luck! We assume that since you didn't post a follow up, they didn't leave you.