Friday, September 18, 2009

Blogging from the Sky


I left from Salt Lake City this morning and am right now on a flight to Atlanta where I'll connect to a direct flight to Moscow. You read that right, I am flying and on the internet at the same time. Delta has a cool wi-fi network on most flights now and I got a free coupon for what normally would cost $12 or so. I'm just amazed that we have this kind of technology. It rocks.

I was supposed to go to training in Tyumen on Monday, but instead I'll spend the bulk of next week hanging out in Moscow. I have to get a physical from a Russian doctor. I spent a good 40 hours this last summer getting the same physical and an international notary so I wouldn't have to risk life and limb by entering a Russian hospital, but apparently this was not enough. So I'll get a physical Monday and wait for the next 4 days for my registration for work in Noyabrsk. Which means I get to take a really good luck at Moscow. I wish I knew what to see. I saw Lenin's corpse the last time I was there and Red Square is impressive. I also went to Park Pobedy (not just the metro stop by the same name. I'm excited to find something worth seeing. Hopefully I can see something at the Bolshoi Theater. Or maybe I can just go hiking/running/exploring. Any ideas?

4 comments:

Ruth said...

Wow. You're awesome. I suggest trying some of the fine Russian cuisine.

Aaron said...

have some borscht in red square wearing an ushanka. ya know, something authentic.

Aaron said...

ps i miss you already knowing you're so far away.

Unknown said...

I can't believe you are already on your way. very cool on the technology front.
I am excited about your travels... minus the working in Siberia and the doctor visit :(
you should go to the Kremlin, and you should also go shopping in the red square, after you do everything else your friends suggested and some general walking around:) and if you get to see ballet at Bolshoi I will be very envious... in a good way!