Monday, August 04, 2008

It's footy, not footsies

I came to Boston for an internship with Schlumberger-Doll Research and on the side got involved in an Australian Rules Football league. I play for the Boston Demons. And by play I mean that I mostly watch the game, deliver water to the players, and try to learn a new sport. Sometimes we play a scrimmage (Metro) game to give those who don't get much play time in the real games a taste for the sport. This weekend we went to Yonkers to play the New York Magpies. The Demons fought hard and won the game, and I got to play in the Metro game afterward. Here are some pics.





11 comments:

Doug Spencer said...

Nice unies. For all the time you spend outdoors, your thighs are pretty shiny.

It looks like there's a lot of bending over. Are there scrums in Australian rules?

I'm glad that you decided to blog about this. Nice to know what's going on in your neck of the woods.

Petra said...

But...but...you don't wanna blog! I think this is seriously challenging my worldview.

Petra said...

PS: Those are totally booty shorts. You man-skank.

Aaron said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aaron said...

does this mean we might see more blogs in the future from you MD?

Marcus said...

Not likely, Aaron.

Lindsay said...

do i see a jazz hand in that 5th picture?

Jinjer said...

It brings me great joy to see a post from you. I thought this blog had died. ;) Love ya, Marcus.

Anonymous said...

Hey Marcus,

Just saw that you had a blog, and thought I would say hi.

Barbara Johanson Beasley

Connie said...

i like your blog name.

look it's hannah! i love hannah.

i also love the gold ball.

bye marcus : )

Unknown said...

Definitely a Bob Fosse Jazz-style hand in the 5th picture...good eye Lindsay! And Marcus, you should be proud that you were able to incorporate art in the world of short-shorts sports. The only other athlete that has successfully done that was Andre the Giant...but he lacked your pizazz.