Friday, November 20, 2009

A wee note on ingenuity and departure

First, I work with engineers. And engineers solve problems. Even small problems like running out of gas. And it's not as easy as just finding the gas can:


My coworkers insisted that I take a picture to show the folks how backwards Russia is, but I assured them that this kind of thing is far from extraordinary. The guy pouring the gas wanted me to make sure his face was not in the picture. I obliged.

Second, I'm leaving my fair Noyabrsk Sunday night and heading to Pit-Yakh where I will finish training before heading home for the holidays. It's been nice here and it will be nice to explore someplace new. Sunrise, sunset.

Actually, this is sunset.

4 comments:

Dave said...

Awesome Brother! Can't wait to see you. You are amazing and love the photos....little do these people know our unique family and how ingenuity runs in our blood like a fire-hose! Only a sissy, for instance, wouldn't insist on and use duck-tape and hangers to keep a trailer connected while going down a large hill in Provo at 25-30mph! ...or for numerous other projects as well :)

Aaron said...

love the pic.

Kathy said...

I agree with David. You're family pretty much has "ingenuity" covered! I've always been amazed and impressed :)

Fred said...

Marcus. I wanted to share something with you. Remember how you got sick and had to go to the hospital when you first got to Noyabrsk. Ever since then our little David has been praying for you to feel better and get better. We have told him you are not sick anymore, but he is still praying for you every day. Anyway, I thought you might like to know that.